Chariots of Fire

Sunday, March 24, 2013

"In the Gospel of Jesus Christ you have help from both sides of the veil and you must never forget that. When disappointment and discouragement strike... You remember and never forget that if our eyes could be opened we would see horses and chariots of fire as far as the eye can see, riding at reckless speed to come to our protection." - Jeffrey R. Holland

What a comforting statement. I bawled buckets after reading this quote. Not only have I felt the strength of the words on paper, I've lived through them. Our family has been the recipients of such kindness and love that it could only come from one place. I believe without a doubt I am surrounded every moment by angels. Angels who are guiding me, comforting me, holding me during a sob fest and whispering silent encouragement through every treatment. I am never alone. And that brings so much joy to my soul.

I often think of my loved ones who have passed on when I'm in the hospital. How they must feel sorrow for the battle that I'm facing but so much joy because it's bringing me so much closer to my Heavenly Father. I'm sure in the Eternal perspective this trial seems so small.

When my heart feels heavy I remember how much I'm surrounded by that I can see and others that I can't and I find great comfort. I am so thankful for my beliefs that this life is not all there is. From now on I will try to remember during my bad days that I need not fear. I've got chariots of fire racing my way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online