Strangers

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Throughout this whole ordeal I have had the amazing opportunity to come into contact with people that I probably never would have known without this trial. There is something so uplifting about a total stranger writing you and saying, "I'm thinking of you. You're in my prayers. Be strong." Every time I receive one of these emails it humbles me. It is such an amazing feeling just to know that someone who has no clue who you are cares. That they would stop for 30 seconds on their busy day and tell me that I matter. I can't thank all of you enough.

I had the pleasure of having one kind person recommend a song to me. I am so grateful she did. She said the song made her think of me and she's never even met me. I believe without a doubt that was pure inspiration because that song has been playing in my head ever since the first time I listened to it. It is called "The Waiting Place" by Calee Reed. Every word of that song touched my heart and think you all need to hear it! If I can figure out how to get it on my blog I will. I can also email it to you if you want. Just leave me your email. It's amazing and has helped me so much. And all because one stranger thought of me (of all people) and was kind enough to share it with me. Thank you Malissa!

Since the bad news last week I've had a hard time getting out of my funk. I've felt totally unstable emotionally and like functioning normally is just too much work. So today I wake up thinking I was going to skip church but for some reason I talked myself into going and could not be happier that I did. It was at church today I met someone that also has stage 3 melanoma and she shared her story with me. Sometimes for some odd reason it's so comforting to say, "Oh you too?" She got it. She saw the fear in my eyes despite the strong words coming out of my mouth. I had the strangest urge to just hug her and cry. It's the first time through this whole thing I've come face to face with someone who is on the same path I am. So, so thankful for our chance meeting today. My heart feels so much relief.

I would share every kind thing every stranger has said or done, but there are so many. And for that I am grateful. Thank you for pausing for a minute during your day to offer me compassion and love. I appreciate you all. I am so humbled by the thought that for whatever reason my story matters to you. Even if we are strangers. Your kindness has made us officially friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online