Ouchies and Thank You's.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Ouch. Doesn't even remotely describe how I feel currently. This surgery has been much more rough to recover than the last one. I am so glad that my mom was here for a few days after to help. One of the worst feelings as a mom is feeling like you can't take care of yourself let alone your babies. I'm so used to doing everything that it's hard to sit back and let everyone else take over. Although the housework hasn't been that hard to hand off ;)

We did get the news that all 20 of the lymph nodes they removed were cancer free. Such great news and I am so glad to finally hear something good from the doctor for once! Still not sure what the future holds treatment wise. We will meet with an oncologist soon and discuss all that. Until then we will say many prayers of thanks and enjoy the holidays.

Danny bought me this cute sign when I was in surgery. It says, "You get what you give, so give good." It serves as a reminder to me everyday to live up to what I've been given through this trial. The amount of help we have had handed to us to lift us up is life changing. I get mail everyday from strangers who heard my story and want to help. My neighbors drop everything to do anything I ask. My family has spent tons of money on travel and if they can't travel they check on me constantly. Danny's family has bent over backwards to babysit and offer any support they can.

I could make every post on this blog about what people have done for us, but it would take me a year to write it all out. There are that many. But I want each of you to know how much we appreciate it all. The money, the gifts, the messages, the dinners, the hugs, the prayers... They all mean so very much and they have all touched us in ways I don't know how to express in words. I can only hope that we can one day give as good as we've been given. You all inspire me to be a better person and I don't know what we would have done without the support we have received.

Our lives changed forever on October 29, 2012. In that moment we were sure it had taken a horrible direction. We were wrong though. It was about to change for the better and by facing our biggest trial yet we were about to have blessings straight from heaven pour down on us. I know that my Heavenly Father has been by our side through this whole thing in the form of you. So whatever it was that inspired you to reach out to us, whether you've known us forever... Or not at all... Thank you. Thank you for changing our lives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online