We're Movie Stars!

Sunday, December 2, 2012

At least the kids are convinced we are... 

Taylor Ballam with Ballam Films very kindly made this video for us. I was nervous about being on camera but I'm so thankful he took the video he did because it showed all the most important things about our family.. 
A. We laugh a lot
B. I laugh even more than a lot (I can't help it) 
C. We have fun
D. My kids are extremely cute
E. My kids dance a lot
F. Karston is a total Mama's boy ;)
G. We love each other. For reals. 

My hair was flat, needed some serious tlc and would not curl that day. I got dressed and thought, "Ew. I do not want to be filmed like this." But I sucked it up and did it. And I am SO GLAD. It's moments like these that remind us that we may never be that "perfect image" we want to be. But it's so much more important that we capture life as it's happening because you never know when it's going to change in the blink of an eye. When I am doing immunotherapy and am sicker than sick... I will be able to watch this video over and over and tell myself, "I will be her again. The lady who doesn't have the body she wants, but plays with her kids and has fun. Who spends more time kissing her kids than washing dishes. Who doesn't always have the perfect hair, but it doesn't matter,  because she's too busy dancing with her kids to notice. I am her. I will be her again." 
So thank you Taylor Ballam for your talent. And thank you Brittany Cascio for arranging it. From the very bottom of my heart. Thank you <3


1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi this is Cordie Tippets mom. Danny knows who I am. I just watched your little video. Cordie shared with us some of what you're going through. It is heartbreaking. The video is beautiful. You have a beautiful family. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. God bless.
Jennifer Hendricks

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online