Danny

Monday, December 10, 2012

I've been married to my wonderful husband for almost 8 years. We got engaged after 6 weeks of knowing each other. (Gasp!) Crazy I know.. As cheesy as it sounds, when we met it was like we had known each other forever. I knew right away he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I am so glad I listened to that feeling and that he had the guts to ask me despite everyone thinking we were crazy. Here we are 8 years later and happier than ever :) 


There is one moment in our marriage that happened recently that changed me forever.

I am extremely claustrophobic. The MRI was pure torture for me. I'm not proud to admit this... But the whole time I was in there all I could think was, "Why me? Why isn't this someone else in here?" (I'm human... Forgive me..)

Anyways, after throwing myself a pity party I happened to walk in on a phone conversation Danny was having and he said, "The whole time she was in there all I could think was, I wish that was me in there. I wish I could take her place."

Talk about feeling small. I was wishing my sorrow on someone else while my husband would so willingly take my place.

I am so thankful I married such a kind man. A man who has taken over everything that I have neglected since this started. Who lets me nap whenever I need it after he has worked 10 hours and will still take care of the kids, do laundry, cook dinner and anything else I ask. A man who tells me I'm beautiful even when I've gained 50 pounds, haven't showered in days and I'm still in my pajamas at 3 pm. He is incredible. I am so lucky.

I'm just glad it's him here with me through this. That I get to hold his hand no matter what life throws at us. Life can take so many different turns and I got lucky and chose him. Best choice I ever made. Spending the rest of eternity with my best friend. Not a bad deal.

3 comments:

Breck said...

You are very lucky! My prayers are always with you. Miss seeing you!

Queen Mimi said...

We love you guys so much!!! You're wonderful!

~Amelia and Fam

Janalee Anderson said...

Brittany,

I'm your neighbor just down a few doors. I've been laid up with foot surgery and haven't been out much and hadn't heard anything about all your family is going through until they announced your fundraiser in primary on Sunday then I read about it in the Herald Journal and have been on your blogging reading it at every break I've had at work today. I am SO sorry for all you and your family have to deal with. We won't be able to attend the fundraiser tonight but I am wondering if anyone is bringing you dinner tomorrow (Wed the 12th). If not, I would like to. Please let me know. You can email me janalee0901@hotmail.com or text/call 435-760-4354. We'll be praying for you.

Janalee Nielson

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online